Your pages are structured in sections which are divided into different columns. You can change the appearance of a specific section displayed by Heek by customizing the columns in that section.
The column’s background can be changed independently from the background of the section. In other words, you do not need to have a uniform background in the whole section.
To change the background of a column:
- Hover your mouse over a column of your choice
- Click on ‘Edit column’ at the top right of column
- A list will appear; click on ‘Change background’
Adding a background color
To change the background color of a column, select a color from the color box. The color will be applied instantly.
If you do not like your choice of color, you can delete it by clicking on the ‘X’ at the top right corner of the color box.
Adding a background image
To add or change a background image of your column, start by clicking on ‘Change’ to open the image library. You have the possibility of using one of the images offered by the theme you chose or using an image that you’ve uploaded from your computer.
Images offered by Heek
To use an image offered by Heek, click on the menu ‘offered images’ and browse through the images. Click on ‘Insert’ once you’ve picked the image of your choice.
Upload an image
To use an image that is on your computer or tablet:
- Click on ‘Upload from my computer’
- A window will open. Choose the image of your choice and click to confirm.
The image will be instantly placed in the background of your column. Heek automatically centers the image in the following way:
- For landscape images: Heek takes the maximum height of the image in relation to the column and centers the image horizontally. Heek crops out the ends of the image that exceed the space.
- For portrait images: Heek takes the maximum width of the image in relation to the column and centers the image vertically. Heek crops out the ends of the image that exceed the space.
If you want more information on how to change the general appearance of your website, please feel free to browse through our other articles dedicated to this topic.