When you publish your website, you need to provide it with a domain name. If you own a domain name purchased on Gandi and you want to use it for your website created on Heek, please follow the instructions in this article to connect it.
Start by adding in the domain name in Heek's publication setting:
- Go to the Publish page from the main menu of your Heek editor.
- Enter your domain name that you want to use for your website.
- Because your domain name would have already been taken, Heek will ask you if the name belongs to you and if you would like to use it for your website. Click on Publish on your domain name or get an upgrade if you haven't already subscribed to a premium plan.
Add a redirection to Gandi
- Go to: https://www.gandi.net/admin/domain
- Click the domain name you want to link with Heek
- At the bottom right of the section of "Zone files", click "Edit the zone".
- If the list already contains "www" on the left side column, click to edit it.
- If you don’t see any "www" on the list, click "Add".
In both scenarios, you’ll have to change or add the following information:
- TYPE: CNAME
- TTL: 3 hours
- NAME: www
- VALUE: www.heek.com. (do not forget the period at the end)
- PROPERTY MX: leave this part empty
Once this is done, click "submit". You’ll notice that a box has just appeared above the list, click "Activate this zone".
You’re all set! It will take up to 24 hours for your domain to be active.