When you publish your website, you can assign it a domain name. If you have a domain name with OVH and want to use it for your Heek site, follow the instructions in this article to connect it.
- If you don’t have one yet, you can buy a domain name with Heek.
- If you have a domain name with another registrar than OVH, please check the list of procedures by registrar.
Start by adding the domain in the Heek Publish settings:
- Go to the Publish page from the main menu of your Heek editor.
- Enter the domain you want to use for your website.
- Click on "Let’s go”.
Then you need to set up your domain name with OVH to connect it to Heek.
To begin, log in to the OVH client : https://www.ovh.com/manager/web.
Click on the domain you want to use in the Domains section.
Add a redirect
Before going any further, we recommend adding redirection of mysite.com to www.mysite.com.
Click on the Redirection tab, and then click on Add a redirection and follow these steps:
- Leave the field blank to the question "What do you want to redirect?"
- Select web address as type of target.
- Choose the type of redirection you want, depending on what you prefer to see in your browser address bar.
- Select the type of redirection (we recommend a 301) and the target address to redirect to.
Click Confirm to set up the redirection. We can now connect your OVH domain to your Heek website.
Add a CNAME record
You must add a record to your DNS zone so that your Heek site appears when users access to https://www.mydomain.com.
Click on the DNS Zone tab, then click on the + symbol next to "You can add an entry by clicking on the button opposite".
Enter the following information:
- Domain: add "www" before the domain name
- TYPE: CNAME
- TTL: 3 hours
- Target: www.heek.com. (Do not forget the full stop at the end)
Then click Confirm.
Attention, any change to your DNS zone with OVH may take 24 hours before being effective.
Users can now access to your Heek website from the URL http://www.mydomain.com.
If you do not have a domain name, you can also purchase a new one from your Heek account.